Washer Overload Causes "Funky" Smell, Turns out it's Mold
Have you ever walked into your home or office and smelled something “funky” or “musty” in the air? This customer did and called SERVPRO of San Diego East immediately.
On arrival our crew chief and technician could also smell what the customer was describing, and upon further inspection they realized that mold was growing under the carpet flooring of the customer’s apartment. A few weeks prior the customer had a very significant water loss, due to a washer overload. The washer was located in the living room and the customer took it upon himself to begin the water remediation, with no professional assistance. Fast forward to last week, he began to smell the repercussions of not calling SERVPRO of San Diego East as soon as possible.
In general, mold will not grow indoors without water, dampness or excessive moisture, but when a large water loss happens, and is not attended to by the professionals at SERVPRO of San Diego East, one always runs the risk of mold growth.
Our technicians are not only trained to professionally handle water damage, so mold does not occur, but in the case that mold has begun to grow, our technicians are also trained to handle mold remediation.
Our team is now working to restore the customers home and make it "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of San Diego East, (619) 280-2377, for any water or mold remediation!