San Diego is known for many things, but storms are not one of them, but when we do get the occasional storm that comes through, SERVPRO of San Diego East wants to make sure you are prepared for the worst!
Here are some tips from the City of San Diego, to ensure that you and your loved ones stay safe through out any emergency during a storm.
When Rains Arrive
- Report flooding to the City's emergency dispatch center at 619-527-7500
- Report downed electrical lines or gas emergencies to San Diego Gas & Electric at 800-411-7343.
- Leave early if your property is in a flood zone. Water levels can rise fast once storms start.
- Drive carefully! Take your time getting home or to work.
After Rains Pass
- Report non-emergency problems, including but not limited to blocked storm drains, potholes, and broken street lights
- To report structural damage to your property or residence, call the City's emergency dispatch center at 619-527-7500.
- Contact your property insurance carrier and SERVPRO of San Diego East to report damages to your property and learn how to file a claim with the City for flood damage.