What do You do When Water Damage Strikes?
Water damage happens in many forms. It comes in through floods, tremendous amounts of rain, and even the unfortunate circumstance - through toilets or sinks. Regardless of how the waterflow comes in the situations are similar in our human reaction. There's lots of water left on the floor, you are heightened with stress, you can’t think straight, you have millions of thoughts crossing your mind. You’ve heard about these situations before. It’s happened to your neighbors, family and friends. But you never thought it would actually happen to you. So what do you do when the water strikes? You strike back. Here are some steps to take to when water damage has entered your property.
- Wear the proper equipment, (have rubber boots and gloves)
- Shut off the water supply to your home
- Water and electricity don’t mix, don’t forget to shut off the electric supply as well
- Unplug all of your electronics and move them away from the effected area
- Lay down towels to soak up water from spreading
- Call SERVPRO of San Diego East to restore the damage and dry up the area completely and thoroughly
Remember to call your insurance agent. DIY is in right now, but it’s important not to practice this when water damage has happened. SERVPRO of San Diego East uses specific drying equipment that will dry water completely. This is to avoid water from spreading into walls and creating mold.