The Right Way to Prepare for the Rain
There has been a lot of rain in San Diego, CA these past couple of days. SERVPRO of San Diego East has worked on multiple projects that were due to the surplus of rain. We had several people call us in the late of night due to leaks caused by the rain. Sometimes these leaks are unavoidable, but we want to prep you for the next storm.
There are various forms on getting prepared for the rainy weather. Here are some tips to avoid rain damage.
- Plant shade trees or palm trees at least 20 feet away from your home.
- If you have gutters, make sure they are clean.
- Ensure there are no leaks on your roof, I will add an article below with specifics.
- Check for damage on your resident housing and repair if needed.
- Weatherstrip windows and doors when you are aware of rain forecast.
- Have your trees trimmed.