Holiday Bliss or Holiday Stress
Holiday disasters are prone to happen during the end of the year. There’s Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas and finally New Years. That is a handful of shopping, cooking, and driving around. The amount of stress high rockets during the holidays. Here are somethings to be mindful about during the holidays.
The Danger Zone
These are areas in your home that are at high risk during the heavy holiday seasons.
- The Kitchen: the kitchen is being used a lot due to holiday cooking.
- The Fireplace: the fireplace is the warmest spot in the home, and it simply brings out the holiday spirit.
- Christmas Lights: whether the lights are outside or on your Christmas tree - it is a must during the season.
Every home has holiday disaster stories - some have even made it on national news. Here are a few examples.
- Christmas tree catching on fire due to electricity failures.
- Frying oil causing fire in kitchen.
- The fireplace spreading into the living room.
How to Be Safe
Most holiday disasters can be easily avoided. Try some of these tips to avoid stress and danger.
- To Do Lists: to do lists are crucial for the holidays. It will help you focus on starting and finishing one task at a time rather than dividing your attention on multiple tasks.
- Rest: make sure you are having adequate amount of sleep. Sleep deprivation is the cause of many accidents. When you are not rested you make A LOT of mistakes. Get sleep.
- Food: since you are so busy during the holidays it’s real easy to eat fast food. Food can affect your mood, make sure you are getting clean food in. And of course being cautious of portion sizing.
- Exercise: exercise is a great way to look good. But most importantly it helps relieve stress.
- Routine: same as the to do list, make sure you have a routine set when your doing to do lists.
If holiday disasters occur in your home. Make sure to call SERVPRO of San Diego East to come to the rescue.