Plan of Action: Water Damage Edition
Having a fire or water damage disaster in your home or property is uncommon and will most likely happen to you once in your lifespan. It is important to have a plan of action when this occurs so you know exactly what to do when it does happen. You also save so much money knowing the details.
Today we will be focusing on creating a water damage plan for your home. Here are some steps and tips.
- Make sure you know where and how to stop the water source from your home.
- Know the details of your home or property insurance.
- Know the estimated costs of water damage.
- Take into account the different roles of an insurance agent and service technicians.
- If you’re renting a home or renting space in your commercial make sure the tenants have home or property insurance.
- Note the high levels of your home so you can stay safe if a flood occurs.
- Make sure you know where all sources of water are located.
- And very importantly find a local restoration or remediation company like SERVPRO of San Diego East that can take care of a variety or services such as water damage repairs and fire damage restoration.
SERVPRO of San Diego East is a company with expertise in water damage and fire damage. If you are looking for an emergency restoration company in San Diego make sure to call (619) 280-2398 we are open 24 hours. We handle all types of emergencies such as: flood damage and restoration, water extraction, rain storms, and groundwater.