How to clean a biohazard?
Since there are so many variables that create a biohazard it’s hard to define an exact procedure that will take place for specific biohazards. Another variety is where the biohazard takes place, for example the tile floor, on wood floor, carpet, cement, etc. Most biohazards that deal with body fluids require extensive disinfectant.
If you need biohazard services make sure to contact a company like SERVPRO of San Diego East. But if you are not able to here are some steps that you should take:
- Make sure to double up on the gloves, wear goggles, and long sleeved clothes that you can throw away.
- Prepare the disinfectant in a spray bottle.
- Make sure to have a disinfectant bag.
- Use tongs to pick up sharp or broken glass.
- Cover the spilled area with absorbent material then remove it with a dust pan or tongs.
- Spray the disinfectant on the contaminated areas then cleanup with dust pan or tongs.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 multiple times.
- Remove outer gloves and throw them into a biohazard bag.
- Once finished make sure to clean your hands very well.
SERVPRO of San Diego East is a company with expertise in water damage and fire damage. If you are looking for an emergency restoration company in San Diego make sure to call (619) 280-2398 we are open 24 hours 7 days a week. We handle all types of emergencies such as: flood damage and restoration, water extraction, rain storms, groundwater, and fire damage repairs.