How to Prepare for a Flash Flood Watch
For the next couple of days San Diego, CA will be under a flash flood watch. Flash floods happen when large bursts of rain occur. Have you ever thought if there are ways you can prepare for a flash flood watch? The answer is yes!
How to safely prepare for a flash flood watch?
- Do not swim, walk or drive through flooded areas.
- During flash floods power outage can be an effect, make sure to have flashlights.
- Make sure you have an emergency kit.
- If your home is effected move to the highest points in your home.
How to prepare your home for a flash flood watch?
- During flash flood watches make sure to unplug electronics you are not using.
- Make sure outdoor furniture is covered or put inside.
- Make sure you documents are sealed and placed somewhere where water can’t get to it.
- Sometimes barriers are placed in homes that have reoccurring flood damage to stop the water.
SERVPRO of San Diego East is a company with expertise in water damage and fire damage. If you are looking for an emergency restoration company in San Diego make sure to call (619) 280-2398 we are open 24 hours 7 days a week. We handle all types of emergencies such as: flood damage and restoration, water extraction, rain storms, groundwater, and fire damage repairs.