Vinyl Flooring Water Damage San Diego
Many homes have vinyl flooring, which are great for resisting water. Vinyl flooring is not completely free of water damage, if the water saturates the vinyl for an extended amount of time it will be ruined and must be replaced.
Vinyl is not free of mold. It is necessary for vinyl to be dried by fans and dehumidifiers when water has been present for an extensive amount of time. When vinyl flooring has dried many cracks may have formed, this is due to the high temperature from the equipment. When vinyl flooring has been cracked it is best to throw it away and completely remediate the flooring.
The most common causes of vinyl flooring are:
- Laying vinyl on wet concrete slab not thoroughly cured
- Moisture from ground water
- Dishwasher leaks
- Washing machine overflows
- Toilet back up or plumbing failure
- Flooding, mold, mildew and bacteria
- Excessive moisture in crawlspace
Before you completely renovate your home make sure to call a remediation company, many times people are unaware that many aspects of their home are salvageable.