Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Do you know what to do after a water loss?
Even if you have experienced a water damage event on your property in San Diego previously, it can still be difficult to know what to do and what NOT to do. Down below, our SERVPRO of San Diego East technicians has listed some helpful water damage tips that can help you feel better prepared in the event of a water loss on your property.
If you have any questions or are in need of emergency water mitigation services, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of San Diego East team a call today!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (619) 280-2377
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.